Friday 28 October 2016

BookFest!!







I took our boys to BookFest today - a children's book festival taking place over 2 days at The Panacea Museum in Bedford, and it was brilliaaaaaant!! We saw Julia Jarman who was fantastic. We listened and laughed and spotted and counted and sang and stomped. The boys loved it and so did I :)

There were other author/illustrator talks going on throughout the day, which I would have loved to have seen too but with 2 young ones in tow it would have been hard to keep them contained and wriggle/whinge-free!

The overall atmosphere was great, as was the venue and I feel very lucky to live in a town where these kind of events take place. Huge praise to the wonderful Rachael Rogan of Rogan's Books for making it all happen, and all the volunteers! 

Sadly no pictures from our visit today as my phone died, but thought I'd show some pics of what we've been doing in preparation for my workshop which is taking place tomorrow (Sat 10am-12:30pm).
With our littlest one being completely unpredictable with naps these days, I've not had much time to work on this but we have stamps, stickers and various materials ready to be used, and I've even had a little bit of time to play around with them too, yay!

Looking forward to seeing what the kids come up with tomorrow :)






No comments:

Post a Comment