Thursday 29 March 2018

A Fond Farewell



I made this picture of our boys and their friends, as a leaving gift for our Headteacher who is retiring after today. 
We will miss being greeted by her in the mornings as we frantically rush in (she knows all the children by name!), her knocking down conkers in the autumn with the kids, her warmth and so much more. We love our school. I've watched our eldest thrive and grow in confidence over the years, and now with our little one joining the preschool, I look forward to seeing how he grows and develops in a nurturing and stimulating environment under the new Headteacher.

I LOVED illustrating the kids in this picture :) Although not very "accurate", I think I was able to capture their character and everybody managed to guess who was who, hooray!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so delighted to have this unique retirement gift. I recognise each of the children standing under our grand old chestnut tree 'Victoria'. I shall treasure this artwork- very many thanks. Linda Crombie

    ReplyDelete