Monday 26 August 2013

OKIの言葉


Oki is bilingual. I'm amazed at how he is able to switch from one language to the other, translating words and sentences, sometimes without any prompting. It surprises me, especially when my Japanese is so muddled and full of hesitations and pauses. 

He has picked up quite a range of onomatopoeia and mimesis that is so rich in the Japanese language; words to describe the sound of falling rain, the movement of animals, the textures and shapes of plants...etc. I love this aspect of the Japanese language, and I hope Oki enjoys it too. 
He is also a great mimic, often repeating things I've said to him, and has even made the occasional pun! How does he do that??

It's fascinating stuff, seeing the very beginnings of language forming in a toddler, and developing day by day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment