Friday 11 April 2014

I'm a Little Alien



Here's some artwork I recently completed for James Carter's book of poems "I'm a Little Alien". This is my 3rd collaboration with James. My first ever illustration commission was with him back in 2002, titled "Cars, Stars, Electric Guitars" for Walker Books, then followed "Hey, Little Bug" for Frances Lincoln in 2011. You can see the style of my work has changed quite a bit over the years.

The challenge for me with these books is that the inside illustrations are B/W, and I'm used to working in colour, but I've really been enjoying creating collages using muted tones. I also love working with James as he's such a lovely bloke and his poems are really fun! Even better, included in this collection is a poem he wrote for Oki titled "Duck!" :D
"I'm a Little Alien" will be published by Frances Lincoln this August!

2 comments:

  1. Mique! This looks wonderful, I have pre-ordered it from Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helloooo Olu! Wow, thanks!! Hope you and your boys are all doing well xx

      Delete